Friday, November 7, 2014

Sweet Tooth

Good morning!  I apologize but I forgot to put up the two sweets recipes I promised on Wednesday, so here they are:

Jan Del Bone's Homemade Caramels
1 cup butter
2 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
Optional kosher salt

In large saucepan, melt butter.  Add brown sugar, and salt and mix well.  Stir in corn syrup, gradually add milk, stirring constantly.  Cook and stir over medium heat until it reaches 245 on candy thermometer, it takes about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Let cool, add a sprinkle of kosher salt to the top for an extra treat.  Cut into 48 pieces.  Optional: wrap in candy or waxed paper.


This is really really easy, and makes a great gift.  If you leave out the kosher salt you will have missed out on the best part !

Brenda Kroeker's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup soft margarine
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp b. soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup choc. chips


Mix first 4 ingredients, stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.Do not overbake.


Now, I have to tell you, both recipes are DELICIOUS!  My grandson's class had a bake sale the other day so I made both of them.  And I had to taste both before sending them to school - LOL.  They were yummy and each and every item sold.  I think you all should give them a try.
Thank you ladies!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy S said...

Wow Cherylann, these look YUMMY. Good thing I don't bake anymore!